moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Can't build it.

From: Christian Glodt
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] Can't build it.
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:04:18 +0100

On Tue, 20 May 2003 16:43:34 +0800, John Darrington wrote
> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 09:16:32AM +0100, Christian Glodt wrote:
>
>      I'm not sure I want to support gcc-2.95. IMO it should just go
> away,     after all this is the 21st century. And I want to be able
> to declare     variables anywhere in the code, not just at the start
> of blocks.
>
> Hmmm.  Then it will break on a lot of compilers.  That was forbidden
> in ISO9899 until the 1999 ammendments.  I suppose if you want to say
> that moz-bonobo is written in the 1999 subset of ANSI C then that's
> up to you, but perhaps you ought to assert this more prominantly.

Oh well... I guess I can live with the limitations of gcc-2.95.
But I don't have it installed and I don't plan to. Could you tell
me what you changed to get it to compile on gcc-2.95 (or even better,
do you have a patch)? I'll fold those changes back into CVS.

> BTW Does mozilla itself not support bog standard C --- I doubt it
> would be as portable as it is if it didn't.

Mozilla is written in C++.

>      Yes, that's a well-known problem. I'll have to go over all used
>      headers/libs and add them to the configure.in file.
>
> Thanks.

Cheers,

Christian Glodt