moz-bonobo-list

Re: [moz-bonobo-list] supported types

From: Christian Glodt
Subject: Re: [moz-bonobo-list] supported types
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:20:32 +0100

hi,

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 00:23, Agthorr wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just installed Mozilla-Bonobo 0.4.0, but when I view about:plugins
> it only shows support for two mime types:
>  - x-directory/webdav, and
>  - application/postscript
>
> I'm excited for the embedded postscript support, but I'd also like to
> have the other types shown on the Mozilla-Bonobo webpage such as
> embedded AbiWord and Gnumeric.  How do I get these to work?

first of all you need to have the respective applications installed
(abiword, gnumeric, etc). If they do not show up in mozilla,
you need to clear the plugin registry cache, which you can do by
deleting the $HOME/.mozilla/pluginreg.dat file. Be sure to quit
mozilla before doing this.

After this it should work.

Cheers,

Christian Glodt