myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: googling an exp-object

From: Alan R Williams
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: googling an exp-object
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:10:01 +0100

Antoon Goderis wrote:
Hi,

Some immediate ones I see:

1. define the queries we want to support (wrt wf authorship, wf/services function and QoS, wf input/results, pubs)

I think that's OK so long as those are seen as the minimal test set that needs to be satisfied rather than a set of canned queries to implement.

2. define the minimally needed (as well as the with time envisaged) content for the objects

Didn't we (you and I) start doing that in one of the Atlas rooms? IIRC there were five or six pieces of core information and everything else was just additional annotation.

[snip of very good ideas]

I think Carole needs to expand on what she means by "google an experiment object".

To state the obvious, there is no point in being able to google for (a link to a representation of) an experiment object unless you can do something with the (representation of the) experiment object - cue a Taverna plugin for IE :-)

Antoon

Alan

--
Alan R Williams                              Tel: +44 161 275 0674
Room 1.17, Kilburn Building, School of Computer Science,