myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] EBI/OMII-UK Taverna 2 day workshop 8-9 October 20

From: Carole Goble
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] EBI/OMII-UK Taverna 2 day workshop 8-9 October 2007
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:34:20 +0100

Dear all,

The EBI will be hosting a two day workshop covering various aspects of the OMII-UK software collection with a focus on the current and future capabilities of our workflow system Taverna. The agenda and registration details for the workshop are online here :

   http://taverna.sourceforge.net/index.php?doc=workshop.html

From the link above :

-------------
Intended Audience
The hands on practical and talks are suitable for anyone interested in
using Taverna and the other OMII-UK products for research work at a
small lab level. No eScience experience required but reasonable
knowledge of bioinformatics problems would be helpful.

Detailed technical talks and API hands on sessions are aimed at highly
technical members of projects wishing to integrate with Taverna at a
code level, whether this is integrating code into Taverna or integrating
Taverna into their own code.

Overview talks are suitable for project leaders looking for potential
collaborations, people who might be future or current consumers of
OMII-UK software and anyone generally interested in the state of the art
in usable grid computing.

Summary
The workshop will introduce the current state of free software offerings
from the Open Middleware Infrastructure Institute (OMII-UK), focusing on
the workflow authoring and execution environment Taverna from the myGrid
project. Participants will have the opportunity to see real world uses
of the technology, get hands on training from our dedicated teaching
staff and acquire an insight into the future capabilities of the various
software products. The workshop consists of two full days, with the
first primarily showing current work and the second largely focusing on
the future directions and capabilities.

We will also cover, in somewhat less detail, the other projects in the
OMII-UK portfolio including our campus grid development solutions and
the distributed data system OGSA-DAI.

Hope to see some of you there!

Carole