myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] pre-populated knowledge environments for scientis

From: Luna De Ferrari
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] pre-populated knowledge environments for scientists
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 12:00:42 +0000

Hello,
I'm new to the list, so sorry if this was already mentioned.
(By the way, I'm now reading the entire archive: really good ideas & links)

--- Pre-population of knowledge

I noticed the post about the scilink.com (the site is still down though...). Anyway, I connected it to another initiative that impressed me: to reannotate Uniprot by wiki. The interesting aspect is not (only) the collaborative annotation, but how to attract the scientists. They seem (it's just a demo) to have pre-populated "personal desktops" with links to "your proteins" taken from Pubmed. In a sense, if you are a biologist, you are already in. This may tempt you into having a look at the system (just to check if you are under or mis-represented?). And even if you do not edit any Uniprot protein card, you can get alerts when somebody else does.

http://www.wikiprofessional.info/ > click on 'View demo'

Just thoughts,
Cheers, Luna

Luna De Ferrari
Software Developer
Computational Systems Biology Group
Phone: +44-0131-6508281
E-mail: address@hidden
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/ldeferra/

The University of Edinburgh,
Room 2.204, Darwin Building, KB
West Mains Road, Edinburgh, UK - EH9 3JR