myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment update

From: David De Roure
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment update
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 06:15:05 +0100

Just an update on the new things the team has been up to on myExperiment.org over the last few weeks...

- More reliable. myExperiment.org is now on a  shiny new server hosted by a commercial company (99.975% availability and 96hrs of backup diesel!)

- Unpacking and looking inside your workflow. You can now see more information about the internals of a Taverna workflow.  On the workflow page, scroll down to the bottom of the version box and you will see a new section "Workflow Components".  Here you can see what inputs/processors/outputs and so on are in that specific workflow version together with any metadata that is stored for those.

- Improved look and feel.  We’ve been listening to you and are continually improving the user experience in myExperiment. We’ve made numerous style and layout changes to enhance the look and feel. For example, in the search and tags results pages, you can now see items grouped in tabs based on their type (eg. user, group, workflow and so on).

- Make your own mashups.  You can now access myExperiment through the API, so you can bring myExperiment functionalities through in your favourite apps/interfaces/mashups. See http://www.myexperiment.org/mashup  for documentation (and a google gadget!) We’re very keen to hear from people developing over the API to see how you get on and give you any help you need.

- Coming next. Soon you’ll be able to collect things together (workflows, data, ...) into “packs”.  We’re also developing workflow enactment support for both for Taverna and for Triana.  Let us know what else would you like to share on myExperiment and what other functionality you’d like to see.

As always, thanks to everyone for their input.  We really value your feedback and would love to hear from you!

-- Dave