myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] rdf.MyExperiment server performance problems?

From: M. Scott Marshall
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] rdf.MyExperiment server performance problems?
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:26:00 +0200

Hi David,

Are there known performance issues with the rdf.MyExperiment server SPARQL endpoint? Edgar seems to be experiencing timeouts and slow behavior.

Scott wrote:
Any progress on the consumption of REST services or search across repositories?

Edgar wrote:
As to the multiple repo's, I'm still squeezing things into ExtJS... I've made a start with two REST services (which are both REST endpoints of virtuoso) and I can do simple queries now. However, it's verrrry slow and I don't know whether that's the REST stuff, or the actual server I'm querying. One other thing I noticed is that the rdf.MyExperiment server is painstakingly slow. Even using a browser and trivial query, the response times out. Have you heard this before or could it be just me?
Scott wrote:
Egads! No idea. It could very well be untuned servers with not enough of
anything but I don't know. But I suspect it's the actual server + config. I'll
sniff around for you if I get a chance. Can you supply me with more detail
about the virtuoso services? What version of Virtuoso? On what ~hardware? As
far as myExperiment, I will paste this into a message to David Newman and Jits
(aka Jiten Bhagat).

Cheers,
Scott

--
M. Scott Marshall
Leiden University Medical Center / University of Amsterdam