myexperiment-discuss

Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment RDF API and ID numbers

From: David R Newman
Subject: Re: [Myexperiment-discuss] myExperiment RDF API and ID numbers
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:42:24 +0100

Hi All,

Sorry didn't quite finish my email there.  To continue:

However the REST API also allow you to recover any resource explicitly:

http://www.myexperiment.org/rest-access.xml?resource=http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/20

myExperiment's RDF API allows you to recover the html page resource URI
as mebase:human-start-page (an anyURI-typed datatype property), that
could then be used to make this REST API call.  There has been a fair
amount of discussion of what is the correct way to reference the HTML
page from the RDF.

Egon suggested that maybe the property foaf:homepage could be used to
reference the HTML page, which makes sense as this is a commonly known
property and sort of represents the relationship we want to describe.

Linked Data people suggest a number of different ways of handling
different representations of the the same thing and further to that
people in the Open Repositories community think about this differently
again.

It has been something that has been troubling me for a time so I felt it
might be worth opening it up to the wider community to discuss the best
way of approaching the problem of being able to identify workflows
within myExperiment and how that translates across the HTML, REST and
RDF representations that myExperiment provides.

Regards

David Newman