myexperiment-discuss

[Myexperiment-discuss] Announcing Two New Tabs

From: David De Roure
Subject: [Myexperiment-discuss] Announcing Two New Tabs
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:15:35 +0100

Dear myExperimenters

You'll see we have two new tabs on the myExperiment website:

* The Topics explorer tab uses tags and tag co-occurrence to organise workflows into categories. We encourage you to use Topics explorer and give feedback by clicking on the thumbs up / thumbs down icons inside each topic description. Your feedback will help evaluate the approach and ultimately improves your data exploration experience (note that only logged in users can submit feedback).

* The Services tab provides a searchable interface to information about Web Services, to assist you in workflow design and execution. The Services Tab is populated with information from the BioCatalogue (www.biocatalogue.org), which provides a curated catalogue of over 2000 Life Science Web Services from around 150 service providers. The status of the services is actively monitored.

We welcome your feedback on both of these:

* Topics explorer was developed by Julia Stoyanovich, Paramveer Dhillon, Brian Lyons and Susan B. Davidson at the University of Pennsylvania. Feedback should be addressed to Julia Stoyanovich <address@hidden>. This work was supported by the US National Science Foundation grant 0937060 to the Computing Research Association for the CIFellows Project and grant III-0803524.

* We invite feedback on the Services tab to help us plan the development of this functionality, such as other sources of service information and further integration with workflow discovery. Please send feedback to the usual feedback address address@hidden

Thanks… I'll let you head for http://www.myexperiment.org and give us feedback. :)

-- Dave