nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Re: Nano 1.0.8 - the Win9X implementation - Help!!!

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Re: Nano 1.0.8 - the Win9X implementation - Help!!!
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 05:04:26 -0800 (PST)

--- Chris Allegretta <address@hidden> wrote:

<snip>

>Yep, you need Meta keys first, then it's just Meta-E.  However, I can't
>remember if the version of cygwin I build nano with actually has regex
>support, so Regex may not be available in the binary.  If not then
>Meta-E will simply put an 'e' on your screena and not toggle regex
>search.

Meta-E doesn't work globally anymore; it only works in
search mode (check my patch where I've had to change
"Regular expressions" to "Regular expression search", so
that it matches the other search mode toggles).  Other
toggles also work differently in it (e. g. M-A is marking
globally, but case sensitive searching in search mode).

Should M-E be working globally?  I can add a fix for that to
my patch, if it should.