nano-devel

[Nano-devel] More on 1.1.6 Memory leaks

From: Steven Kneizys
Subject: [Nano-devel] More on 1.1.6 Memory leaks
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 07:51:11 -0800 (PST)

My meory paranoia may be starting to pay off ...

After sending my patch in my previous email I noticed I wasn't actually
releasing the multibuffer at the end properly, I was forgetting about
the ->path_name and the ->file parts.  After I put that in I got
leak-free code for one file loaded, but not for loading 2 or more
files.  In about 5 mins of 'hard' editing the distribution files (load,
unload, reload, change, save) I had 1.4Meg of unfreed buffers!  It
seems to be making a copy with copy_filestruct that somehow isn't
getting released.  If that rings any bells with anybody let me know, I
haven't been able to see it for myself!

take care,

Steve...