nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] merged patch

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] merged patch
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:35:09 -0500

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 07:17:47PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 04:52:02PM +0100, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > I'll try to find some autoconf guru to see how you make configure.in
> > happy for both.
> > Or, Chris, we could just move to 2.52 (and rename it to configure.ac so
> > it shows).
>
> The autoconf guru said the Right Thing is to move to 2.5 and not try to
> make it work on both. I have a patch for that, and it adds a requirement
> for autoconf 2.52.
>
> Any objections to this commit?
> I also added a Makefile.am to m4/.
>
> Finally, we can remove largefile.m4 as it's provided by 2.5.

Will it fix any of the braindamage that seemingly every version of
automake has? ;)  between the permission problems and not regenerating
configure, I've been thinking of dropping auto* already...*grr*

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001