nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] splint finds memory-leaks in nano.c

From: Rocco Corsi
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] splint finds memory-leaks in nano.c
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 14:37:43 -0500

Steven Kneizys wrote:

I just did a spell check with replace, 'fixed' them and ened up with a
nearly identical diff file afterwards with the exception of an extra
free needed.

In files.c, there is a possible bug in check_writable_directory,
comment says it is full_path but path is used instead:

    /* otherwise, stat() the full path to see if it's writable by the
       user; set writable to 1 if it is, or 0 if it isn't */
    stat(path, &fileinfo);

There was unfreed memory from checking the writable directory too.

I am still getting the leaks from paths in the do_browser calls :)  I
will look at them sometime.

Did you find these manually or are you using a code analyser?

Rocco