nano-devel

[Nano-devel] (un)signed char in files.c

From: Ken Tyler
Subject: [Nano-devel] (un)signed char in files.c
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 12:40:33 +1000

Hello,

files.c: In function `read_file':
files.c:197: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of  data
type

197     if (!ISSET(NO_CONVERT) && input >= 0 && input <= 31
                                        ^^^^
because chars are unsigned on PowerPC (Don't ask, I have no idea).

What to do :

a)      Make input a signed char
b)      cast input for the one test
c)      make the test a bit test for 7th bit

There was a similar problem years ago I seem to remenber when nano was
just starting out. I'll vote for c) for consistency (like what we did
then).

Ken.