nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] compile nano.

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] compile nano.
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 04:28:17 -0400

I have been having irreproducible segfault problems lately too.  I think
sometimes the cause is that current_x is too large in do_backspace(),
do_delete(), or do_char().  Then the third argument to memmove() is
negative.  But it is typecast to size_t, which is normally unsigned, so it
becomes huge.  One way to make nano a little safer would be to add checks
for the third argument of memmove().  But that doesn't explain how
current_x gets too big in the first place.