nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] committed (not me, the code)

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] committed (not me, the code)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 23:41:09 -0400

On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 06:22:48PM -0700, Chris Allegretta wrote:
>       The commit is done.  I ran into some issues with some of DB's
> fixes and I could not easily see a solution so I had to drop some of the
> color rewrite (multi-line syntaxes seemed broken) and some inline/static
> stuff (I basically couldn't stand looking at the prototypes in
> the .c files).

I predict that in your .nanorc you have something like
        color brightblue start="/\*.*" end="\*/"
I changed the way multi-line syntax coloring works.  The line above will
now only match comments that start and end on different lines.  Instead,
it should be
        color brightblue start="/\*" end="\*/"

Otherwise, I would be interested to know what the problem is.  I've been
using the patch for weeks, and haven't found any problems with coloring.

> 1.0 is dead, so 1.1 needs to stabilize soon.
How about bug fixes?  For example, I can make nano go into an infinite
loop.  I was planning to submit a fix shortly after current patches get
applied.

> ... do not even submit it :)
Is it okay if I just submit my patch when I was planning to, and then you
ignore it as long as you want?  You don't have any obligation to deal
with outstanding patches before declaring 1.1 to be stable.