nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] .11 release and new syntaxes

From: D Canfield
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] .11 release and new syntaxes
Date: 30 Sep 2002 14:24:18 -0500

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 19:36, Carl Drinkwater wrote:

> Please excuse the colours, I've only just set this up this evening and
> I'm still experimenting with it!
>
> As you can see with the 'php-file' set, I colour every string
> brightgreen before everything else, and then colour all other aspects
> of the language - What this leaves me with is all functions in green.

Looks like a good coverage of the basics.  The reason I'd like to see
the highlighting work with the function names is that it reduces some
need to bring up documentation just to look up function names.

If the highlighting were to become a bit more powerful/efficient, it
seems that it should be possible to write a script that would convert
all of vi's color files into a format that nano could use.  But maybe
that's getting past the scope of what nano wants to do?  (None of which
is meant to knock nano... it's still the only editor I've ever actually
liked...)

DC