nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Problem with spell-checker

From: Robert D. Goulding
Subject: [Nano-devel] Problem with spell-checker
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 23:21:04 -0400 (EDT)

I get very odd results using the default spell-checker (spell, on my
machine, is a script which runs cat "$@" | ispell -l | sort -u) on nano
1.1.11.

If the file in the buffer has the single line of text

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plrain.

Hitting ^T produces the message (as expected):

Edit a replacement: plrain

I alter it to plain.

Then the message: Replace this instance? - but no word is highlighted.

Hitting Y inserts the word `plain' before `mainly'.

The Replace this instance? message remains, and you can hit the Y key 3
more times, until the line reads:

The rain in Spain falls plainmainly plainon the plainplrain.plain

At this point nano crashes - it ignores any key input, and I have to close
the xterm window.  It does not dump core.

Nondefault spellers seem to work well enough.  Adding the line:

set speller ispell

to my .nanorc seems to make the speller function work properly -- the
misspelled word is highlighted, and all the ispell functions are
accessible.

Robert.

--
Robert Goulding