nano-devel

[Nano-devel] Max text size for nano translated texts

From: Jean-Philippe Guérard
Subject: [Nano-devel] Max text size for nano translated texts
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 02:41:02 +0200

Hi everybody !

I just finished updating the nano French translation for nano 1.1.12,
and I have a quick question for you.

As text in French seems to be longer than English, I sometimes end up
with a very long French translation of a shorter English line.

I can test easily some cases, to see if the message fit a
standard-sized terminal, but it is rather difficult to test the
various error messages.

What is the maximum advisable size for an error message ? What if it
includes a file name (a file name could be very long) ?

Thanks in advance !

Regards.

Jean-Philippe

--