nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] patch update, etc.

From: David Lawrence Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] patch update, etc.
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:48:17 -0800 (PST)

>On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 03:07:33PM -0800, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:
>> * --enable-tiny no longer turns off NLS support; since autoconf doesn't
>> have an undefine function, this may be difficult to deal with in a way
>> that would allow usage of NLS in tiny mode while keeping the needed
>> source hacks to a minimum
>
>I think the way to deal with this is to allow ENABLE_NLS with
>NANO_SMALL.  That's what my big patch does.

Okay.  The documentation still describes --enable-tiny as turning off
i18n in a few spots, so it'll need to be fixed, but that's simple
enough to do.

>> * going to the bottom of (i. e. the magicline of) a file that contains
>> more than one page of text, turning the mark on, going to the top of the
>> file, cutting, and uncutting twice causes a problem; the first uncut
>> updates the screen properly, but the second one doesn't; I've been
>> trying to fix this, but every attempt I've made so far has either not
>> worked at all, fixed that one case and broken another, or broken Pico
>> compatibility
>
>This bug doesn't appear with my big patch.  I don't know what the problem
>was.

Your fix must be somewhere other than in do_uncut_text(), then; that's
where I was trying to fix it, and your big patch doesn't make any
changes to it.  (Btw, I haven't yet tested the changes your big patch
makes to do_page_down(); I just looked at it again, and it looks as
though it might fix the highlighting problem a different way than my fix
does.  If that's the case, the chunk I added is easy enough to remove
then.)

>> * Insert isn't read properly (it's interpreted as ^R) under
>> slang-compiled nano; DB's solution, as evidenced by his patch, is to
>> remove Insert key handling if slang is used, but considering that that
>> makes the ncurses- and slang-compiled versions of nano somewhat
>> incompatible, and that it's a (albeit minor) hack anyway, I'm wondering
>> whether it should be removed entirely; comments?
>
>That isn't my solution.  It has always been like that in nano.  My patch
>just moved that code up a bit.

Oops; I must have misread that.

>But now that you point it out, perhaps a
>better solution is to put
>
>#ifndef KEY_IC
>#define KEY_IC 274
>#endif /* !KEY_IC */
>
>in nano.h, then take out the #ifndef USE_SLANG around the KEY_IC >handling
>bit.  I wonder how portable the number 274 is.  Ncurses uses 331, and
>slang.h defines SL_KEY_IC as 322 (but doesn't define KEY_IC).

Where'd you get 274 if ncurses uses 331 and slang uses 322?

Since you pointed out that slang defines SL_KEY_IC, maybe use

#define KEY_IC SL_KEY_IC

?

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get address@hidden w/No Ads,
6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag