nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Long search string in history.

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Long search string in history.
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:03:59 -0800

On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 03:15:35PM -0500, David Benbennick wrote:
> With "nano -H", search for a very long string (more than 1024 characters).
> Exit, then try to load nano again.  Segfault.  Here's a fix.

Credited and committed.

Here's what I have in my mind as left before pre3 (yes, I think we've
changed enough to have another release, which doesnt change that I want
to release 1.2.0 between Sunday and Wednesday of next week):

- DLR's cursor pos with the file browser issue

- Testing the current CVS code on more hosts, I tried Irix today and
found a lot of problems with const chars and some mouse code bugs

- Deciding about this getpwent() issue.  I don't think this will be an
isolated incident.  Bash and Id imagine most unix programs simply use
getenv("HOME").  I will likely revert to using that, and perhaps use
getpwuid(geteuid()) as a fallback (thank you for the suggestion Jordi :)

- Remove the preserve message (Jordi, are you still going to write an
upgrade file, if you don't have time to let me know).

- Merge the nanorc and nano man page syntax stuff.  I assume from
Jordi's earlier post the existing nano entries for color syntax should
be merged and formatted in the nanorc man page format and should point
to nanorc(5).

Im sure Im forgetting something.  Oh well.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001