nano-devel

[Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.3 branch opened in CVS

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 1.3 branch opened in CVS
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 23:05:30 -0400

Hello,

        Following the release of GNU nano 1.2.2, the 1.3 tree was
officially opened.  For those of you with cvs access, as of your next
'cvs update' you will be in the 1.3 development tree (the version number
should be '1.2.99-cvs').  If you wish to keep in sync with the 1.2
'stable' tree, run 'cvs update -r nano_1_2_branch' (the version number
should be 1.2.2-cvs').
        Your maintainer for the 1.3 tree will be David Lawrence Ramsey,
and I will be maintaining the 1.2 stable branch. This change should come
as no surprise to anyone monitoring the lists and code commits, it has
become very clear that I no longer have the time nor drive to continue
to improve nano; David was already doing much of the maintainer's job
for 1.2.  Nano is already everything I ever hoped it could be; for the
program to continue to improve a change had to be made.  I thank you all
for your contributions, praise, and most importantly patience with me as
maintainer.  David is a fine coder and I know he will do an excellent
job for the new development series; he and I seem to share a lot of the
same vision on what nano should and should not be.
        Nano's distribution will be mostly unchanged.  I will do the
tarball creation and upload to the nano site for both series, and I will
retain the copyright for at least the immediate future.  Once the issues
with gnu.org are resolved I will resume uploading files there as well.

Questions welcome (please post on nano-devel rather than info-nano).
Thanks and have a good night.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001