nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Meta key w/x bug

From: Nick Warne
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Meta key w/x bug
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 20:31:50 +0100

On Monday 21 August 2006 20:37, David Lawrence Ramsey wrote:

>  > Open up a existing document, and hit Ctrl w to and enter a search term
>  > (can be anything).  Now, whilst in this mode, hit Ctrl x - nano will
>  > 'cut' all text from the cursor down.
>  >
>  > Pico just *beeps* at me when doing this.
>
> Pico doesn't implement this feature.  There's a patch to add it, which
> is where I got the idea (because the feature can be very useful), but
> it's not in the official version.

Hi David,

Ummm, it is supposed to happen then?

It nearly caught me out earlier when editing a file, and I found I was editing
an original file, and not my working copy, so I hit Ctrl x to exit half way
through a search... I nearly saved it by mistake.

Nick
--
Every program has two purposes:
one for which it was written and another for which it wasn't.