Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.1.2

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] GNU nano 2.1.2
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:07:08 -0400

Hey jordi,

Im (more than) a little rusty here, but do we need that kind of coordination for the unstable series?

I honestly don't remember if there was some agreed-on process for synchronizing prior to a release, so perhaps now is a good time to revisit that process regardless.  Where were before and will that serve our needs now?

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 6:33 PM, Jordi Mallach <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 07:40:48PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > 2008/04/24 - GNU nano 2.1.2 "New York City" is released.
> Ouch.  This does not contain any of the eleven PO file updates that
> were made since the release of 2.1.0 last March.  (The 2.1.1 tarball
> does not contain them either, but it didn't occur to me to check,

> then.)
> Jordi or Chris, please run the following command in the main dir of
> your nano repo:
>   rsync -Lrtvz  po

Sorry! I had no idea 2.1.2 was going to be released soon, so I never
refreshed these myself.

> It would be even better if this could be inserted somewhere into the
> 'make dist' target.

And this was my plan, but being swamped I never got that far. GNU
Mailutils got rid of PO files in CVS entirely. The bootstrap script gets
the stuff from the TP. We don't need to go that far, I guess, but
copying bits from any other project that does this is
something we need to do to avoid this in the future.

Sorry to both Chris and Benno!
Jordi Mallach PĂ©rez  --  Debian developer
address@hidden     address@hidden
GnuPG public key information available at