nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (multibyte characters)

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (multibyte characters)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 10:35:51 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Tue, May 20, 2014, at 19:59, Mark Majeres wrote:
> Hi Benno,
> A new patch is attached.  I don't have any utf8 chars mapped to my
> keyboard, so I could only test DEL, and PASTE.

Indeed, undoing a Del and ^U and Backspace of multibyte characters
now works, when before they did not.

Well, Backspace not entirely.  Select and then mid-click this éééé into
your editing window, type <Backspace> between one and four times, then
do <M-U> and <Enter>.  Upon the Enter, a � appears.

And Del not entirely either.  Again mouse-paste the above éééé into
the editor, type <Left> four times, type <Del> three times, then <M-U>
and <Enter>.  Depending on the context, two � appear, or one � plus
some other accented character.

> Pretty sure ADD will work too though.

Ehm...  No.  Same thing as before: half of the chars are removed.

Benno