nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (SPLIT removal)

From: Mark Majeres
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Updated FIX for undo/redo (SPLIT removal)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 21:14:02 -0700

On 5/26/14, Benno Schulenberg <address@hidden> wrote:

> But... doesn't the do_wrap(openfile->current, FALSE) call in
> nano.c create undo structures with SPLIT?  And do_justify()
> in text.c?

Ha! Your right!  I was duked by the double negative.  The lines "if
(!undoing)" tripped me up.  There is a lot of that style in nano.  I
had a hell of time with 'undo uncut' too. :)

Anyhow, the undo/redo doesn't work for SPLIT, nano crashes due to
corrupt memory.

I don't understand why a user would unset nowrap though, that's some
strange functionality.  If nowrap does need to stay, then I propose
using the function do_enter() to accomplish the wrap and throw out
dowrap() along with my patch.

The function do_justify() doesn't call dowrap() though.  Nor does
do_justify() call into the undo/redo framework.  Seems like the
dowrap() function was created prior to the undo/redo functions.  It's
a goofy function that only allows a single undo, and only if the undo
shortcut is applied before any other keystrokes.

--Mark