nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] the combination of Ctrl and Meta

From: David Ramsey
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] the combination of Ctrl and Meta
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:33:15 -0500

Benno Schulenberg wrote:
>Currently, holding down both Ctrl and Alt will execute the same command
>as if only Ctrl was pressed.  Is this intentional and wanted behaviour?

No.  If it's possible for nano to detect a modifier (under the
limitations of curses, of course), it should. Ideally, nano should
behave as follows:

* Holding Ctrl and pressing A should generate the Ctrl-A character.
* Holding Alt and pressing A should generate the Escape character
followed by the A character.
* Holding Ctrl and Alt and pressing A should generate the Escape
character followed by the Ctrl-A character.

Your proposed code change looks fine to me.