nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] the undid and redid messages

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] the undid and redid messages
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 21:56:49 +0200

Hi Mark,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014, at 20:51, Mark Majeres wrote:
> If typing results in a linebreak and another char.
> pair of undo's:
> "Undid action (text add)" --> "Undid action (line wrap)".
>
> pair of redo's:
> "Redid action (line wrap)" --> "Redid action (text add)."
>

> Your version of the patch is working for me.

Huh?  The above messages cannot come from nano after
applying my version of the patch, because the patch
removes the "line wrap" string entirely.

Also, I don't quite understand what you mean with
"and another char".  Whenever typing results in an
automatic line break, and you stop right at that moment
and do an undo, it should undo the line wrap and all the
things you typed in a single sequence, and it should say
that it undid a "text add" -- and it does exactly that,
which is great.  But when you then do a redo, it should
put back the single sequence of text plus the line break,
*and* say that it redid a "text add" -- the first part works
fine, but it says that it redid a "line break".  Not good.

It should never mentoin any linebreak that was inserted
automatically as part of wrapping.  The user didn't type it.
In those cases it should speak only of text adds.  Only when
the user herself hit <Enter> may the undo and redo messages
speak of "line break".

Benno