nano-devel

[Nano-devel] prevword behaves wrongly, and -t not like Pico

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: [Nano-devel] prevword behaves wrongly, and -t not like Pico
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 21:34:20 +0200

Hi all,

When the cursor is in the middle of a word, pressing Ctrl+Left
makes nano jump to the beginning not of the current word but of
the preceding word.  Pico will instead jump to the beginning of
the current word, just like vim and emacs and joe and readline.
I suggest that nano should behave the same way.

This gets important now that nano has acquired the cutwordleft
function.  At the moment cutwordleft will unexpectedly delete
too much at once.

Okay to correct?

(I guess that we haven't yet had a complaint about this because
the default binding for PrevWord is really awkward: Alt+Space.)

Second, when nano is started with the option -t, it will still
prompt for a file name when typing ^O.  Pico does not do this:
on both ^O and ^X it will immediately write out the file.  Nano
currently does this only for ^X.

Okay to correct?

Benno

The original bug reports are here: