nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Shift marking doesn't work

From: Dirkjan Ochtman
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Shift marking doesn't work
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 21:29:12 +0200

Hi Mike,

That seems to be a workable solution, iTerm2 does indeed seem to work quite nicely. I did find one bug (https://gitlab.com/gnachman/iterm2/issues/7179), but hopefully that can be resolved.

Thanks,

Dirkjan

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 3:37 PM Mike Scalora <address@hidden> wrote:
I switched to iTerm (2) years ago on MacOS, never looked back. Shift select in nano works great and I fixed option-left/right a few years ago in nano to work as expected with the default iTerm keycode bindings.

You can setup shift arrows to generate whatever codes you want in Terminal under Terminal/Preferences.../Profiles/Keyboard but it's a paint to re-setup everything every time you hit a new system even with Import/Export of profiles.

-Mike