nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] Request to assign a Bug for fixing

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] Request to assign a Bug for fixing
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 11:21:04 +0200

Op 11-10-18 om 08:54 schreef Pranav Joglekar:
> Can you please assign me a bug which I can try to fix. I visited the
> website https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=nano but I am not sure about the
> difficulties and priorities of the bugs.

Good question.

The "bugs" that I would like to see fixed are:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54714  (linter differentiation)
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48595  (translatable man pages)
  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?40060  (bracketed paste mode)

The first one should be relatively easy, especially when you cut
the problem up into little pieces (differentiate title bar, force
help lines on, use different color for status bar), and then solve
them one by one.

Another bug that is in the process of being fixed is:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?46900  (undoable justification)

You could help by testing the patch set, and by inspecting the
code to see if anything could be improved.

One question: do you actually use nano as your editor?

Benno