Re: [Nel] proposed control changes

From: Cedric Valignat
Subject: Re: [Nel] proposed control changes
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:41:25 +0200

Hi,

Dan Erikson wrote:

> I've put together a patch that changes the mouse control in snowballs so
> that the mouse is normally free, and you have to click on the window
> and move the mouse in order to move the view around.  This is a change
> from the current behavior where the mouse is always locked by the
> application.  This allows one to use other applications while the game
> is running.  I've even used it to have two instances of snowball running at
> the same time, which should be useful for testing reasons.  It'll also alow
> for using the mouse in the future for clicking on controls on other parts of
> the screen.  The only thing I'm not sure about is how well it will work on
> windows.  It looks like it'll work, but it would be nice if someone
> would test it.

Nice :-)

I'm going to take a look on that next week and i will test it on windows
before to integrate the patch. I will keep you inform of the results :-)

> I used the right mouse button because the left mouse button is already
> in use
> for throwing a snowball, but I think these changes to the controls would
> work better:
> [...]

The control configuration is a very personal thing, we choose a quite common
way to configure the moves control ... but it wiil be nice to be able to
easly configure them :-)

I do agree with you on the Function keys and the ability to be able to use
the other keys of the keyboard ... migth be nice to have ;-)

Thanks for your help,

Cedric.