[Nel] 3dsmax 3.1 plug-ins

From: Cyril Corvazier
Subject: [Nel] 3dsmax 3.1 plug-ins
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:56:44 +0200

Hi,

The good news:

We have released the source code of some of our plug-ins for 3dsmax 3.1.

The sources available are:

* Scene exporter plug-in. Export NeL binary meshes, animations, skeleton etc..
* Patch converter plug-in. Convert a 3dsmax PatchMesh in a NeLPatchMesh.
* TileUtility plug-in. Use tile banks in 3dsmax.

You can find thoses plugins in the CVS tree in nel/tools/3d/plugins_max

The bad news:

1) One of our plugin, the landscape painter, is not in this package because it is based
on Discreet EditPatch source code, and we can't distribute this modified source code.

2) Given that Max plug-ins are linked to the 3DSMax SDK (which is not Gnu GPL)
and to NeL (which is Gnu GPL), anyone distributing plug-ins in binary form will be in
breach of the Gnu GPL.

In English than means that you shouldn't distribute the plug-ins as binaries.
You are, of course, free to distribute the source code.

Regards,

Cyril Corvazier
Lead 3d programmer
Nevrax France