Re: [Nel] (Nevermind) running snowballs2 client on linux

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Nel] (Nevermind) running snowballs2 client on linux
Date: 16 Jul 2002 04:42:47 +0200

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 00:46, Charlls wrote:
> then, just to check, i build mesa 4.0.3,
> which creates his own libGL.so.1.3.403 on
> /usr/local/lib, while Nvidia GLX has his
> libGL.so.1.0.2960 on /usr/lib ... from
> what i've seen of the link paths in the
> nelopengl driver i deduce that
> /usr/lib/libGL is whats is being used..

The NeL GL driver implicitly links against libGL, please run 'ldd' on
/usr/local/lib/libnel_drv_opengl.so.0 and glxconfig to see what's
happening. You should definitively remove any Mesa files until you know
what you are doing. Nvidia provides all libs and includes necessary to
do GL work (except the <GL/glext.h> you fetch from SGI's).

The landscape bug has been known for a while though, I don't know which
state it's in presently. I'll try to have a look in a few days :)