Re: [Nel] Debian GNU/Linux NeL packages

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Nel] Debian GNU/Linux NeL packages
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 01:45:47 +0200

Lars Weber writes:
 > Hi Loic,
 >
 > Loic Dachary <address@hidden> wrote:
 > >       I've just uploaded a new set of packages for Debian GNU/Linux,
 > > matching yesterday's CVS tree (September 23).  They can now be found
 > > at [...]
 >
 > Thank you very much for your work on these packages!  I had the following
 > two problems when trying to access your repository:
 >
 > 1. The sources.list entries mentioned on your site had to be changed from
 >    `http://nongnu.org/' to `http://savannah.nongnu.org/' to make them
 >    work.

        Mh. Right. There is a redirection but I kind of assumed apt would
follow it transparently.

 > 2. Either the snowballs-data package (>= 0.2.1) is missing from the
 >    repository or snowballs' dependency on it is wrong.

        Dependency is right. But you'll have to get the snowballs-data
package from http://people.debian.org/~loic/debian/sid4.2/ for now.
I should have mentionned it in the original post, sorry about that.

        The reason why the snowballs-data package was not uploaded on
http://nongnu.org/ is because the source data files are dependent on
proprietary software (3DSMax). It is a rule of the GNU project
(providing the Savannah infrastructure, ie http://nongnu.org/) that
all software and data provided on it does not depend on proprietary
software. I'm working to provide an alternate set of data for
snowballs that is based on Blender which will be released under the
GNU GPL October 13.

        Thanks for your understanding,