[Nel] Conference Blender

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Nel] Conference Blender
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 16:02:04 +0200

        Hi,

        For the record, the Blender conference will be celebrating the
release of Blender under the GNU GPL license this sunday (13 October
2002, 6pm, Amsterdam).

        Unfortunately the registration is now closed (unless you're
willing to lecture about OpenGL-2.0, if that's the case write to
Ton Roosendaal <address@hidden> asap).

        I'll be speaking about games and Free Software on saturday,
during one hour. My slides are not finished yet, if you'd like me to
raise a specific subject, please speak up. Roughly, I'll explain Free
Software in general, state of the art of Free Software and games and
finally how Blender fits in the global picture. As one can expect, NeL
will be my reference, both because I know it better than other
comparable Free Software and because I'm too involved in it to refrain
from talking about it ;-)

        There should be conference proceedings. But that requires a
lot of work and I would not resent the Blender foundation too much if
they fail to produce decent proceeding.

        A++,