Re: [Nmh-workers] Annotation gone with nmh 1.1...

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Annotation gone with nmh 1.1...
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 15:56:47 -0400

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:38:10 +1000, address@hidden said:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 12:49:10AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> > Ok...even worse, sometimes this removes the empty line between header
> > and body. It seems to happen only when the first line in the body
> > starts with spaces.
>
> You mean the line immediately after the headers?
> I though that was invalid -- that it had to be empty.

RFC822 has required an empty line after the headers for literally forever.

However, there's always been bugs dealing with the first line of the body,
and this one (dependent on leading blanks) sounds familiar.....

"This line sacrificed to the line eater..."

http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/L/line-eater--the.html