[Nmh-workers] [Q] mhshow bug

From: Sam
Subject: [Nmh-workers] [Q] mhshow bug
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:27:39 -0800 (PST)

I'm trying to modify my mhl.headers file so that show(1) and mhshow(1) simply
do not list any headers except the default ones:

cc:

In exmh it works fine but at the terminal there's a problem.

$ mhlist 321
 msg part  type/subtype              size description
 321       multipart/mixed            10K
     1     text/plain                 566
     2     message/rfc822              9K

The initial message (part 0) only lists the five headers above; that's what I
want.  But when mhshow goes on to list part 2 (another rfc822 msg), those five
are shown as well as all the "extras" such as:

Return-path
Reply-to
MIME-version
X-Mailer
Content-MD5

I don't care about those extra fields and I'm not sure why mhshow shows them
for the embedded rfc message when it didn't show them for the first part.

Here's my mhl.headers file; it's the default with the "extras" line commented
out.

; mhl.headers
;
; Default format file for displaying headers in
; MIME messages.  mhn calls the mhlproc with this
; filter to display message header.
;
overflowtext="***",overflowoffset=5
leftadjust,compwidth=9
ignores=msgid,message-id,received,content-type,content-transfer-encoding,content-id