Re: [Nmh-workers] Braindump: Extended MH Format

From: Chris Garrigues
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Braindump: Extended MH Format
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:09:04 -0600

> From:  Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>
> Date:  Thu, 9 Dec 2004 22:38:05 -0600
>     If the only compelling reason to switch to Maildir from MH is the
>     file locking semantics, why not fix MH?

For me there's another compelling reason and that's the ability to use MH
directly on a mail server which is primarily an imap host where the native
mail storage format is Maildir.  Right now, my own mail store looks very
than any of my users because I use MH and they use Maildir.  If I could move
my mail to Maildir then I could use the web interface or a PC mail client to
read my mail when I can't get to a command line or exmh.

Of course, I don't think anybody's completely thought through how to do
sequences in a Maildir yet, and those are important to me.

Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               1611-B West 6th Street
                                        Austin, TX  78703-5074

512-322-0180                            http://www.trinsics.com

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?