[Nmh-workers] nmh release

From: Jon Steinhart
Subject: [Nmh-workers] nmh release
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:28:23 -0700

Hi.  Things have been pretty quiet since I signed up to get a release out
a while back.  Sorry 'bout that; got pretty sick for a while.  I'm on the
mend and so it's time to get back to it.  I'm going to be away until the
middle of September so I'd like to aim for a trial release by the end of
the month, and a final release after we've all had a chance to use it.

It's my opinion that this release should tie up any loose ends so that
there's a usable release out there that is better than 1.0.4.  This
release should be the last in the 1. line.  After this, we should start
a 2. series that incorporates oft-discussed code base improvements.  The
2. series should be the home for new features.

So, the question for now is, are there any outstanding critical issues for
a final 1. release?  I'm asking about major problems that a lot of people
would notice and would keep a release from being usable.  I'm not
particularly interested in minor issues unless someone is willing to
provide a fix.

I'm sure that y'all will let me know whether or not you agree with above
and we'll go from there.  Please let's try to stay focused on the topic.

Jon