Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.3 release and Dcc/Bcc behaviour

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] 1.3 release and Dcc/Bcc behaviour
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:06:14 +0100

Hi Jerrad,

> > Besides, I've always found fcc useless.  It doesn't expand local
> > user names, e.g. `to: ralph' stays like that instead of becoming
> > `to: address@hidden', and there's no message-id which is
> > vital for
>
> Erm, it's not at all useless, you're misusing it. Fcc is for filing a
> local copy, it expects a folder name, not email addresses or aliases.

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  If I have

    to: ralph
    fcc: +foo
    subject: test
    ----------

    end

as a draft then folder foo ends up with a version of the email that has
no message-id header and the `to' header says

    to: ralph

as opposed to

    to: address@hidden

The former isn't very helpful if I ever wish to dist or forw the email
on.  No message-id is a killer.

Cheers,

Ralph.