Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

From: David Levine
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 00:06:20 -0500

Ken wrote:

> Can the people who want to have "attach" append mhbuild directives
> explain what their thinking is, specifically why they think their
> approach is preferrable?  I went back and looked at the thread very
> carefully, and none of the proponents of this approach really covered
> why they thought this was better.

To me, the big advantage was simplifying that decision
logic that you presented.  It just seems more complex
than necessary.

The ability to review/edit mhbuild output is a bonus,
but not a primary goal for me.  Another bonus would be
to move error checking up:  instead of send(1) tripping
over a nonexistant file, whatnow(1) would.  That's not of
much value to me because I always ls before attach'ing,
so again it minor to me.

I have no problem putting parameters in pseudo-headers
rather than directives in the body, if that's where
you're headed.

David