Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Conflict between "mime" command and attach
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:03:16 -0800

On Dec 12, 2013, at 12:56 PM, Ken Hornstein <address@hidden> wrote:

>> How about if `#' was configurable and could be multiple characters?  And
>> that could further be overridden on a per-message basis by an
>> nmh-header?
>
> Hmm ... that just strikes me as too complicated.  I mean, it just feels
> like the wrong thing.

What really needs to happen here is for all the commands to become MIME-aware.

Construction of messages would take place by actually inserting the MIME parts
as per user directive.  The display of message content would reflect the
current MIME structure.  It's a lot of work, but it's the only sane solution.
And should be deferred to a 2.x release stream.

For the 1.x branch I would prefer to keep Ken locked up in the dungeon fixing
up the MIME encoding issues ;-)

--lyndon