Re: [Nmh-workers] OpenBSD added to the buildbot cluster

From: Pascal Stumpf
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] OpenBSD added to the buildbot cluster
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 00:00:07 +0100

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 19:52:54 -0500, David Levine wrote:
> Lyndon wrote:
>
> > I have added an OpenBSD 5.4 (amd64) buildbot slave to the mix.
> >
> > Their auto{conf,make}s require some environment variables be set to
> > pick which version of the tools to run under the hood. For now I
> > have wired a hack into autogen.sh, but a better solution is
> > required.
>
> Cool!
>
> test-manpages fails because of a slew of these:
>
>   man8/post.8:1: warning: unbalanced .el request
>
> Any ideas?

To me, this looks like it could be caused by a local patch to
an-old.tmac that's applied in the OpenBSD groff port.  CC'ing Ingo
Schwarze, our roff guru. :)

> Also, any ideas on how to squelch these:
>
>   warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use strlcpy()
>
> Based on a very quick web search, it looks like they're from the
> linker and there's no easy way.  We could filter them out of the
> linker output.

Well, the proper way to get rid of them is to not use unsafe APIs ...
But of course, that's a major development decision and would require
lots of care to do properly.