Re: [Nmh-workers] How Does One Set mts.conf for msmtp as Sendmail?

From: Martin G. McCormick
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] How Does One Set mts.conf for msmtp as Sendmail?
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 22:02:50 -0500

Ken Hornstein writes:
> I feel obligated to point out that nmh can speak TLS and perform
> authentication natively, so if that's all you need no other tools are
> required.  But, if you really wish to use msmtp, it looks like you
> just need to change the entry in mts.conf for "sendmail" to point to
> the msmtp binary (which looks like it's normally installed as
> /usr/bin/msmtp). e.g.:
>
> sendmail: /usr/bin/msmtp

Somehow, I missed that nmh could authenticate that way. All I am
trying to do is send out-bound mail to my ISP's smtp server
since I can use it at no extra charge. I did successfully
configure fetchmail to retrieve in-bound messages and send them
to procmail so that part is done and works.

        I'll try changing mts.conf as you suggested and, failing
that, I will scrap msmtp and give nmh's TLS engine a try. I
don't really care as long as I get something working in this
decade.:-)

        Thanks for the information.

Martin McCormick