Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh architecture discussion: format engine character s

From: Lyndon Nerenberg
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh architecture discussion: format engine character set
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

Not to take things too far off-topic, but in my wild imaginings I've
wondered how practical it would be to implement a mail client that
used a mh mail store as a base to expose a filesystem (maybe over FUSE
or 9P) that contains individual messages as decoded UTF-8 text files,
and sub-hierarchies as necessary for attachments/MIME, however that
would work.

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/4/upasfs

It actually cracks mbox-format files, but whatever.