Re: [Nmh-workers] specifying SMTP server in mts.conf broken by TLS certi

From: Oliver Kiddle
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] specifying SMTP server in mts.conf broken by TLS certificate changes
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 08:59:41 +0100

Ken Hornstein wrote:
> The more subtle thing is apparently you can do something like:
>
> -host "pop1.foo.com pop2.foo.com"

Yes that's an undocumented side-effect of the current code. I don't think
you need to worry especially about preserving it. ...unless someone is
either actually using it or thinks it'd be really useful?

> and that will try both of those servers in succession.  Since we need
> to know the connecting hostname for both the the SSL certificate code
> and the SASL code, this suggests to me that the right solution is:
>
> - Move the MTS "servers" fallback code from client() into rclient()
>   (since that's really just for SMTP).

That'd also involve moving your new code into rclient(), right?

> Thoughts?

Sounds reasonable to me but I'm probably not the best person to comment.
Thanks for looking into this.

Oliver