Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mhmail.man

From: Larry Hynes
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to mhmail.man
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 18:13:01 +0000

Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
> > On Mar 24, 2017, at 3:28 AM, Larry Hynes <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > We - you, David and I - went through this on this list already. I,
> > ultimately, took David's advice, which backed up his many requests to
> > me to change the dates. If you and he want to slug it out and declare
> > consensus, I will be guided by that.
>
> The purpose of the date footer is to indicate that either the
> functionality of what's being documented has changed, or the
> documentation itself has changed enough that people might want to change
> how they're using the underlying object. I.e. it's a flag saying "pay
> attention - you might want to re-read me in full if you last looked here
> before the date."

I sent patches. David applied them, and changed the dates while
doing it. I sent some more patches, and David asked that I change
the dates. I said "but the README says not to change the dates".
David said change the dates. As David was committing my patches, I
changed the dates. Some dates were changed. We all survived.