Re: [Nmh-workers] Large MH directories

From: Paul Vixie
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Large MH directories
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2017 10:55:47 -0700

i think that rcvstore would also become very slow, unless we're caching
the next message number rather than discovering it every time.

huge mboxes are one of the reasons i eventually expect to have to
abandon Maildir. what i wish i had is a set of MH-like utilities that
hid the backend storage from me but allowed me shell-like simplicity and
access to my folders and messages (and MIME parts). sadly, that'll be
new work, which i don't have time for, and which won't relate to MH at all.

vixie