Re: [Nmh-workers] Segfault in post from mime quoted names in aliases

From: norm
Subject: Re: [Nmh-workers] Segfault in post from mime quoted names in aliases
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 07:45:41 -0700

David Levine <address@hidden> writes:
>Ken wrote:
>
>> Normally I would suggest deprecating this feature and then removing it
>> after the next release, but it's impacting reasonable behavior NOW, and
>> fixing the core dump issue here just means trying to comprehend a pile
>> of code that's just a mess and that we all agree needs to go.  So what
>> do people think of just getting rid of all of it now?
>
>+1
>
>David

I have a wild guess about why the feature is there. I don't know when the
'<file' capability was added. But maybe, before that, the feature was the only
way a user could could use another user's distribution list.

I have a vague memory of groups existing only for a distribution list purpose.

    Norman Shapiro